Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Writing, As Told By Television Production

I've been studying the last few days for a Television Production midterm, and I stumbled across some good writing advice that seems perfect pre-NaNoWriMo.

It's about how to go from an idea to the production of the idea (in a couple steps).

Okay, so obviously you need to start out with an idea of what you'll be writing.

Then, think of your angle. Who's your audience? What do you want them to get from your writing (message)?

Next, two questions to ask yourself: Is it worth doing? Is it doable?

If you answer no to either of those questions, move on to a new project!

See? Streamlined and to the point. I like being a communications major. My book even reminded me that a minute has 60 seconds in it (I'm bad at math, but not that bad [well, not all the time])!

Now to actually take the midterm...

No comments: