Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 15

I hit 25,000 words on Saturday and I've never been more afraid.

I've been powering through this book with only a vague idea of where it might end and once I got to 25,000 words I began wondering if I'll be able to write 25,000 more. It's not that I can't, it's just that there are several secret plot twisty things in the story and I don't know how much longer I can get away with them. The main character is already super supicious. And super close to dying, like, all the time (which I know probably sounds strange, but in context it's not!).

BLERGH.

In other news (which I almost just spelled as "knews") I've been watching more Doctor Who than is healthy and its lead me to be afraid of statues. And yes, I cried when David Tennant left and was replaced by Matt Smith. Also, I began knitting hats. For some reason it helps me think. The only down side is I look a bit strange.

And music for the writing week is from an obscure Danish indie/folk group, The Rumour Said Fire. I promised my friend, a huge fan of their music, that I would help spread the love!



So, fellow NaNoers and other non-crazy writers, how are things?

1 comment:

inthewritemind said...

Yay for hitting the halfway point! I'll be happy if I hit 10K by the end of the month :P My original story needed more worldbuilding as I found being a "pants" writer does NOT work for me. So, I started finishing my other WiP instead and had better luck with that. I know, I'm a bit of a NaNo rebel by doing that but oh well. At least the other one is getting rewritten :)