Monday, November 1, 2010

November, or NaNoWriMo Day 1

Well, the good news is that this past week I was able to finish my current draft of last year's NaNo novel, The Quiet Calling. I'm sooooooo happy that I'm able to get it out of my head for the next month.

The bad-ish news? It's November, which means I shall slowly be losing my sanity. Also, I definitely won't be posting as often because any free time I have will be spent writing my NaNo project.

I actually woke up early this morning (first to finish up a paper, then to start NaNo Day 1) and so far things aren't going so well. First, I suck at openings, and second, I'm writing a prologue. A PROLOGUE.

I'm kinda anti-prologue, if you couldn't tell.

This fantasy I'm writing is totally putting me out of my comfort zone. It's gonna be a rough month.

But you know what? It's gonna be a fun one, too. Good luck to all my fellow WriMos!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Good luck with it.

inthewritemind said...

It's gonna be a rough month here too. Lots of life circumstances have come up making it even harder--and I'm also writing a prologue because I cannot think of a better way to open this fantasy book right now.

It's going to be a painful month :P

Kimberly Franklin said...

Good luck with NaNo!!

Misha said...

I always find that the hardest part of writing is in the starting...

But once you get into the swing of things, you might even forgive yourself the fact that you wrote a prologue.

:-)