Tuesday, April 12, 2011

On Blogging

Oh, lovely bloggers, gather round. I've got stuff to talk about today.

First, while I've slowly been going through old posts and tagging them (in an attempt to make this blog more user friendly) I've noticed just how many posts I have.

There are lots.

Most of them are from 2009, when I first started blogging. I was seventeen, I was writing a book, and I generally didn't have anything worthwhile to talk about. My belief was that when one has a blog, one must blog EVERY DAY without putting real thought into it.

Well.

Lately, I've been feeling more and more distanced from blogging. The shine has worn off. There simply isn't enough time for me to write anything decent AND comment on other blogs (Hmm... should we keep a running tally of how many times I use the word blog in this post? Blog blog blog blergh blah).

I used to feel sorry for myself about it. Then I thought "Mariah, there are so many things out in this world, and you're concerned about your blog schedule? Really? (with Seth and Amy)"

Anyways, from now on I'm going to try blogging a few times a week (if possible) about things I care about, things that matter. Don't be surprised if there is a lack of hot men on Fridays (McHotVoice will always be around, though). I'll also only post when I know I'll have time to go comment on and view other blogs.

The blogging community I've become a part of over the time I've been online is and has been incredible. I'm sure my enamor for the Interwebs will return very shortly when there's less on my mind and more time to enjoy what I love... blogging!

1 comment:

inthewritemind said...

Understandable. I have the hardest time coming up with blog topics and sometimes feel stressed when I can't come up with something good. I still love commenting on other blogs, because it keeps me connected, but I totally get letting the blog topics come when they come and not stressing over it.