Monday, April 18, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I had a strange dream the other night that I was Kate Middleton.



This was strange because I haven't really been following developments for the royal wedding. I mean, yes, I find a royal wedding exciting, but I think the media is covering it a little bit too much (probably because everyone's remembering Princes Diana's).

One thing I won't complain hearing about, though, is that the couple is getting married in Westminster Abbey.

Did you know that only 15 royal couples have been married there since 960, the year it was founded?

I found out a lot about this trend (or, lack thereof) from a great New York Times Op-Ed piece... if you're a history nerd like me, it's definitely worth the look-through!

So, will YOU be watching the wedding? Buying memorabilia? Reenacting it?

3 comments:

inthewritemind said...

Probably not. It's at 5AM here in the States and I really need my sleep :P But I can't say I'm not tempted to watch it.

Plus, I'm really hoping that in 5 years, they're still married. Poor Diana's didn't go so well... :(

Sarah Wylie said...

How did you know I'd be reenacting it? *eyes Mariah suspiciously* But I'm so excited for this, it's pathetic. I've been reading up on all the royal wedding news...and non-news. Like, did you hear they found a jellybean in the likeness of Kate Middleton? Did you know she can't VOTE when she becomes princess? Although...the press tends to take liberties with these kinds of things, so I'll verify the important facts when the Lifetime movie based on them airs.

hs said...

Such a cool wedding..

Life For Rent | Life For Rent