Monday, May 23, 2011

How Mariah Got Her Groove Back

Hey guys!

First, thanks for the great birthday wishes. I had a great day!

I took a little while off to relax at the end of the school year, and now I'm gearing up for a summer course. It never ends!

However, I'm not going to let myself do TOO much more relaxing because it's been FOREVER since I've done any writing. I miss it. The next couple weeks I hope to reinforce a stricter writer regimen for myself. I had (and still have) so many writing goals for this year and I need to get off my butt (writer's butt?) to get them accomplished.

So I thought that if I posted some of those goals here, I would HAVE to get them accomplished, right?

1. Get major edits of The Quiet Calling done before I go back to school in August.

2. Also work on my kick-*** query letter (same deadline).

3. QUERY (by November). It's scary and I've never done it before, but it's something I definitely need to do.

4. Work on something new while querying so I don't go completely crazy (I already have a couple of ideas!)



Do you guys have any writerly goals you want to accomplish before the end of the year? Let me know and we can hold each other accountable!

2 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

You can do it! I'll be in your submissions support group--I'm an EXPERT. ;)

Sara McClung ♥ said...

go go go :)

*waves pom poms*

I'd like to query by September. Which means I have to work my butt off. But that's my writing goal!