Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two Years Old

Yesterday was my book's, The Quiet Calling, two year birthday. Two years ago was when I first had a dream that would inspire me to think about Jane, the main character, and August, her love interest.

A few days later, this is what I had to say about it:

"I had an epic dream on Saturday night. One that makes me want to write a new book. This might be a challenge, especially because it's a western. I have no clue when it comes to westerns. Also I haven't even finished The Not-So Meet Cute! Stress!!!"

I wasn't ready to write about Jane and August yet. I didn't end up writing about them until November 2009, during National Novel Writing Month. Even then, I still celebrate the day that the idea first came to me, because where's a book without it's beginning?

The Quiet Calling was easy to write, but it's even harder to revise. I love every minute of it, though. Jane and August have been a constant source of happiness throughout the last two years and I can't wait until the day I'm ready to start querying and share their story with everyone.

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Read my books; lose ten pounds! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Read my books; lose ten pounds! said...

Happy Birthday!

In a month it will be my books one year birthday!!

Sara McClung ♥ said...

Happy book birthday!! Also, I love that your MC's name is Jane. That was my MC's name for my first WIP <3

Kimberly Franklin said...

Happy Book Birthday!