Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo?

Okay, I feel really bad about this, but I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year.

My course load at school is really heavy right now (which is the main reason I haven't been blogging/vlogging like I've promised) and I have multiple other writing assignments.

But do I want to do NaNoWriMo? Of course! I love it, despite the stress it tends to induce. I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes December 1st and the new story I have as a result. In fact, I do have a new idea for this year, which makes it that much harder not to do it.

I know that if I do it this year I will end up hating myself and writing, and I don't want that to happen.

So, instead, I will hold my own little NaNoRevisMo. The Quiet Calling is needing yet another aggravating round of revisions and I might be able to revise at least half the book. And since it's the book I started during NaNoWriMo 2009, it feels appropriate.

Are any of you participating this year? What genre? How long have you had the idea?

Good luck to all the WriMos this year... I'll be thinking of you as I slog through my homework!

1 comment:

Cat Jensen said...

I wont be able to do NaNoWriMo either :-( Evil, evil homework.

I've considered trying to write 50.000 words of homework during this November. Wanna join me?