Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanks, Universe

First, if you haven't asked me a question to answer in video form yet, go do it now! I promise I'll make it fun by wearing crazy hats or something.

Now, for the main event...

This semester, I've become a regular member of the ballroom dance club on my campus and tonight I'm auditioning to be on the competitive team. I'd get to travel and have an official-like partner.

I'm so, so nervous about this audition. Seriously, trying not to make it a full-blown panic.

But last night, I got a pretty awesome fortune cookie that put things into perspective for me (thanks, cosmic-fully helpful cookie!):

"Find release from your concern and have a good time."

This cookie put me in my place. It forced me to remember that even if I don't make the team, I'll still have fun dancing and I'll be happy for my friends that make the team. Take that, panic!

I hope you can go use this little nugget of wisdom in your own life, too!

2 comments:

Sarah Wylie said...

Good luck! You'll be AWESOME!!!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I danced ballet for ten years (and flamenco for a summer!), and even now I still get teary watching dancers use their bodies as their medium.

Best of luck, no matter what happens.