Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7

Wow. I spent my weekend writing like crazy to catch up with the NaNoWriMo word count. *is exhausted*

Here's a Wordle of the first 10,000 words of *drumroll*..... HAVEN!



I need to get rid of some "like"s, apparently.

So Haven is a SciFi about a girl named Vela who lives on her father's spaceship, Haven, and works as the mechanic.

Not only is this my first SciFi, it's the first time I've written a MC this young. She's sixteen. I usually go with seventeen or eighteen, so it feels a little weird. Also, it's written in first person! That's right, no more third person for me (right now)!

This book is already testing me in so many ways. It's nice to have a challenge, though, because I feel like I'm learning a lot from it.

Other NaNoers: How goes it?

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: